Piano Lessons for Adults
The European Piano Academy was founded to provide piano lessons to people belonging to all age groups. Therefore, beginner adults with no previous experience in playing the piano can also start taking piano lessons alongside kids.
Adults take piano lessons not only for spending their leisure time but also to learn to improve their overall concentration, focus and memory as playing the piano is very useful for developing the mind and the brain. Our adult piano lessons in Sydney can be beneficial for both beginners as well as for people with previous experience.
The teaching methodology for adults followed in the EPA mainly concentrates on the following aspects of piano or keyboard playing :
- General technique: The overall ability to use and coordinate the fingers effortlessly while playing a musical composition. All students at EPA are given specially designed piano exersises to help them develop finger strength and independence.
- Learning to recognize and read the notes and rhythms: All musical pieces are different from each other having many different notes and rhythm patterns in them. Adult piano lessons at EPA are extremely effective in enhancing the skill required to recognize and read different rhythms and notes patterns in all the repertoire pieces being played by adult piano students. Out teachers are qualified to make the progress as quick and as effortless as possible.
- Understanding tonality: For students aspiring to have quicker progress learning to play the piano, comprehending tonality is extremely important. The fundamentals of tonality include understanding the keys, modulations, transpositions etc.
- Grasping the concept of harmony: Harmony deals with the proper implementation of chords in music and their progressions. With the assistance of our experienced teachers, adult piano students will be able to successfully grasp this concept.
- Different musical forms: At EPA, our teachers help recognise the form of any particular musical composition being played by the student which facilitates learning process of playing the piano, particularly adult beginner students learning to play the piano.
At EPA, our teachers can tailor the courses for adult beginners and for students with experience. All our highly qualified teachers will ensure that all lessons deliver appropriate results to help adult piano students master the skill of playing the piano.