Piano Lessons for Kids
Taking Piano Lessons at a Tender Age at the European Piano Academy
The European Piano Academy (EPA) is a reputed music school in Sydney, Australia founded by a professional pianist Illya Zozulya. Our strongest motivation is to familiarise the Australian students with the teaching methods and nuances of both European and Russian styles of playing the piano.
At EPA, our main focus is to teach every learner to express themselves aesthetically through the music alongside mastering all the technicalities of playing this instrument. EPA provides the opportunity to develop the skills of playing the piano to various age groups including kids and adults of all levels and ages.
Below are some of the aspect that our teachers focus in piano lessons for kids and adults:
- Learning to recognise all the notes and rhythms: Acquiring the ability to read the notes and rhythms and the ability to play them on the keyboard is very important for improving piano playing skills.
- Developing aural skills: Aural skills refer to the ability to recognise notes and phrases just by listening to them. These skills are very valuable for developing the “ear” and listening habits in kids. All our teachers specifically focus on developing these skills from a tender age.
- Constantly improving and polishing the piano technique: As every child is a unique individual, our music lessons for kids concentrate on finding the best possible ways to improve all different areas of piano technique of any given student.
- Expanding concentration, attention span and memorizing abilities: Our teachers will address the issues of attention span, concentration and memory development in almost every piano lesson they give to you or your kids.
- Learning Theory and Harmony: It is of utmost importance to start learning musical theory and harmony at a young age as these disciplines contribute greatly to overall understanding of the musical compositions. Our piano lessons for kids are tailor-made to include key aspects of learning musical theory and harmony.
- Understanding and expressing the feelings and emotions of any musical composition as opposed to playing “cold” and “mechanically”: apart from focusing on the technical skills, memory and concentration, our teachers also pay great deal of attention to the emotional development of all students so that every student can recognise, understand and express the emotions and feelings that create the foundation of any interesting and “touching” musical performance.
Taking piano lessons as a kid comes with various irrefutable advantages such as developing sound piano technique, increasing memory, cognitive ability and expressing all different emotions and feelings through the music. The European Piano Academy offers their students the opportunity to develop these skills while educating them in the art of playing the piano.